The Best Kids Organic Cotton Pajamas
From babies to toddlers to big kids, we’ve rounded up the best organic cotton pajamas to keep your kids cozy and comfortable all night long. Whether you’re looking for solid colors, cute patterns, holiday prints or neutrals, you’ll find just the style you’re looking for listed below. Tuck your child into bed in the comfiest organic cotton pajamas around!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
From normal bedtime hours to cozy weekend lounging, kids spend a lot of time in pajamas. Why not put them to bed in the most environmentally-friendly, chemical residue-free option available – organic cotton pajamas. Choosing children’s pajamas made from sustainably grown organic cotton can help you protect the health of your child, farm workers and our planet.
If pajamas are loose fitting, they’re required by law to be made from material that doesn’t catch fire within 3 seconds of exposure to open flame. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) safety requirements state that pajamas that are not flame resistant must be snug-fitting, as a loose-fitting garment is more likely to catch fire.
DISADVANTAGES OF POLYESTER
Polyester is the main type of fabric used in loose-fitting pajamas, as the fabric weave is intrinsically flame-resistant. Here are some reasons to avoid polyester pajamas:
- Brominated flame retardants may be added to the polyester polymer during the melt phase of production
- Polyester is not a breathable fabric and may irritate sensitive skin or cause overheating
- Polyester is derived from petroleum-based products (non-renewable resources)
- The dyes used to color polyester fabric are not environmentally-friendly
- Polyester is not biodegradable
DISADVANTAGES OF CONVENTIONAL (NON-ORGANIC) COTTON
- Exposes farm workers and consumers to toxic chemicals
- Pesticide runoff can pollute the surrounding water and soil
- Cotton is the world’s most heavily sprayed crop. Seven of the 15 pesticides commonly used on cotton in the United States are listed as “probable” or “known” human carcinogens by the Environmental Protection Agency
ADVANTAGES OF ORGANIC COTTON
- Organic cotton fabric is breathable
- Organic cotton fabric is NOT treated with flame retardants
- Organic cotton has NOT been grown and treated with harmful pesticides
We’ve rounded up a range of organic cotton pajamas to keep your kids cozy and comfortable all night long. From solid colors to cute patterns to holiday prints to neutrals, you’ll find just the style you’re looking for listed below. *Cost was calculated at the time this article was published, and is subject to change.
- Cost: $24-$29
- Sizes: Romper (3 months-2T) ; 2 piece (2T-10 years); Short Sleeve (2T-6x); Sleep sac (0-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-24 months)
- From the Parade website: 100% luxuriously soft organic cotton, certified by GOTS international, the Global Organic Textile Standard. It is chemical and pesticide free, which means safe for baby’s sensitive and delicate skin. Our fabrics are hand-printed with eco-friendly inks. We use nickel free snaps & Azo free dyes to protect baby’s sensitive skin.