The Best Kids Organic Cotton Pajamas
From babies to toddlers to big kids, we’ve rounded up the best organic cotton pajamas to keep your kids cozy and comfortable all night long. Whether you’re looking for solid colors, cute patterns, holiday prints or neutrals, you’ll find just the style you’re looking for listed below. Tuck your child into bed in the comfiest organic cotton pajamas around!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through these links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
From normal bedtime hours to cozy weekend lounging, kids spend a lot of time in pajamas. Why not put them to bed in the most environmentally-friendly, chemical residue-free option available – organic cotton pajamas. Choosing children’s pajamas made from sustainably grown organic cotton can help you protect the health of your child, farm workers and our planet.
If pajamas are loose fitting, they’re required by law to be made from material that doesn’t catch fire within 3 seconds of exposure to open flame. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) safety requirements state that pajamas that are not flame resistant must be snug-fitting, as a loose-fitting garment is more likely to catch fire.
Beyond organic pajamas for kids, tuck your little ones into a bed that’s fitted with organic cotton sheets. When it comes to clothing, start with organic essentials like organic underwear for kids, and look for PFAS-free raingear and PFAS-free outerwear for winter fun without harmful chemicals.
Disadvantages Of Polyester
Polyester is the main type of fabric used in loose-fitting pajamas, as the fabric weave is intrinsically flame-resistant. Here are some reasons to avoid polyester pajamas:
- Brominated flame retardants may be added to the polyester polymer during the melt phase of production
- Polyester is not a breathable fabric and may irritate sensitive skin or cause overheating
- Polyester is derived from petroleum-based products (non-renewable resources)
- The dyes used to color polyester fabric are not environmentally-friendly
- Polyester is not biodegradable
We’ve rounded up a range of organic cotton pajamas to keep your kids cozy and comfortable all night long. From solid colors to cute patterns to holiday prints to neutrals, you’ll find just the style you’re looking for listed below. *Cost was calculated at the time this article was published, and is subject to change.
Hart + Land Organic Pajamas
- Cost: $40-$50
- Size: Footed (0-24 months; 2 piece (18 month -12 years)
- From the Hart + Land website: Made of 100% GOTS Certified Pima Cotton Dyes that meet Oeko-tex Standard 100 requirements – meaning they are eco-friendly and free from harmful substances. Free of harmful chemicals like flame retardants, PFAS and antibacterial agents. Hypoallergenic and breathable composition. Machine washable.
Highlights from Hart + Land:
Mightly Organic Cotton Fair Trade Pajamas
- Cost: $24.95-$29.95
- Sizes: 2-piece pajamas (2T-12 years); Short Sleeve Pajama Tops (2T-12 years)
- From the Mightly website: NAPPA award-winning sleepwear is 95% organic cotton/5% spandex. Certified to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). Tagless and preshrunk. Imported from India (fair trade factory) and made with non-toxic dyes and non-irritating inks. Mightly’s GOTS ID# is OT-034929. Mightly’s Fair Trade ID# is 1716500.
Highlights from Castleware: