This week Jeremy and I have been taking a pause to listen and learn. We want to make a more conscious effort to support the Black community and promote Black makers, creatives and business owners moving forward. Below we’re highlighting some Black businesses and talented creatives to support and follow on social media. We’re also sharing some anti-racism resources and links that we hope are helpful for the whole family.
Beauty + Skincare
- free + True– Natural skin and body care that’s free from unhealthy chemicals. I have my eye on the antioxidant face oil with sea-buckthorn berry oil.
- iyoba– Hair and body care and home products with natural, cruelty-free ingredients. Each product is handmade using small batch soaps. Gorgeous soap that would make a great gift or look beautiful in a soap dish.
- Briogeo– Hair care line with clean Ingredients. 100% cruelty-free. No harsh sulfates, silicones, parabens, phthalates, DEA or artificial dyes. I just ordered the Blossom and Bloom Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner, plus the Tea Tree & Eucalyptus Deodorant for Jeremy, and can’t wait for it to arrive!
- BLK + GRN– An all-natural marketplace by all black artisans
- Okoko– High performance, luxury artisan skincare.
- Kaike– Plant-based skincare. Minimal and multi-purpose products to solve a variety of skincare issues specific to melanin-rich skin.
- Oui the people– Everything you need for the perfect shave, including eco-friendly safety razors that work for sensitive skin.
- Hanahana Beauty– Made with clean, ethically-sourced, better for you ingredients.
- Golde– Superfood wellness and beauty.
- Mischo Beauty– Gorgeous nailpolish colors. Clean, 10-Free.
Food + Food Bloggers
- Brooklyn Tea– Loose leaf tea.
- Grandbaby Cakes– We’ve made Joceyln’s irresistible Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake a few times, and my daughter has requested it for her birthday this year- so yummy! She also has a cookbook.
- A Classic Twist– The Lemon Olive Oil Loaf looks amazing.
- Food Heaven– Wellness and podcast.
- Pretty Delicious Eats– I’m a sucker for Caribbean food, and can’t wait to try the green sauce to spice up some chicken.
- New World Sourdough by Bryan Ford
Home + Textiles
- Amy Lauren Studio– Beautiful fine art prints.
- oh happy dani– Sweet and friendly activist artwork
- Linolo– 100% linen bed, bath and home.
- Clare Paint– Zero VOC paint for a healthier home. This brand is on my radar (we need to paint our bedroom and bathroom).
- Pur Home– A natural, non-toxic Eco-Friendly Laundry Detergent and Household Cleaners product line. We select organic and raw ingredients that are plant-based, biodegradable and low toxic. All of PUR Home’s products rate a 1-2 on the EWG Website. I need to try this brand.
- Soul Fire Farms– Read more about how Soul Fire Farm helps the marginalized grow their own food.
- Black Girls With Gardens– A digital resource for women of color to find support, inspiration, education, and representation in gardening.
- @iamtabithabrown– Just watch this video to brighten your day.
- @sirtwitchalot– Get some rhythm in your life. Imagine growing up with parents who can dance like this.
- @latonyayvette– A focus on family, style, design, wellbeing, culture and community.
- @cakeatelieramsterdam– A wedding dress designer turned baker & cake decorator (I think she should be a florist).
- @hotbeautyhealth– Diana Ajih’s account is both cozy and inspiring.
- Find diverse children’s books at embrace race.
- Anti-racism resources for white people all in this google doc.
- 75 Things White People Can Do For Racial Justice.
- @violadavis anti-racism reading resources list.
- How To Talk To Your Family About Racism: A Guide For White People.
- watch this video: @ivirlei